THE PERFECT CARPET
We will help you select the perfect carpet for your home, office, boat, or cottage. Our experienced staff can help you find the carpet to best fit your needs. Advancements in carpet fiber technology and in carpet construction allow us to provide you more options than ever before.
Brands we carry: Dream Weaver, Godfrey Hirst, Mohawk, and Shaw.
Advantages of using carpet in your home
- Adds warmth and is soft under feet and easier on children’s knees.
- Much quieter than hard surfaces floors.
- Comes in a wide variety of color tones and hues.
- Easy to decorate with and offers many solid color tones for rooms with patterned wall coverings.
- Can hide many sub floor irregularities that would not be permitted with hard surfaces floors.
- Can go over a variety of substrates and on all grade levels, even concrete slabs in basements.
- Carpet is economical and the installation costs are much less than some of the hard surface products.
About Carpet Fibers
- Nylon This is the most popular synthetic carpet fiber used today. It offers tremendous value, performance, and ease of maintenance. Nylon provides brilliant colors and hides soil and traffic well. Today’s most advanced nylon carpet fibers actually reduce dirt and soils ability to stick or transfer onto the surface of the carpet. These specially treated fibers will even bead up liquid spills rather than allowing them to soak in.
- Olefin: This fiber is also called polypropylene. Olefin is extremely popular in Berbers; level loop carpets and outdoor turf products. Olefin carpets are highly stain, static, mold, and mildew resistant and can be used indoors or outdoors. Olefin’s resistance to matting and crushing is not quite as good as nylon.
- Polyester: Gives excellent color clarity with a soft feel to the carpet. However, it lacks the durability of a nylon carpet. Still if you are looking for something inexpensive, Polyester might be the way to go as it’s more naturally stain resistant than Nylon.
- Wool: Although expensive, wool still offers an elegant look. Wool is naturally stain resistant to dirt and is the most ecological carpet fiber available because it is a renewable resource and 90% biodegradable.